Are you feeling the holiday cheer yet? The decorations are going up, the stores are playing Christmas music, and your family is starting to plan their annual get together. Even if you’re not quite ready for the holidays, don’t worry! There are plenty of ways to get your home ready in a hurry. Here are five quick tips to help you out, courtesy of our team of interior designers.
1. Start by doing a deep clean. This may seem like a daunting task, but it’s actually quite satisfying. Once your home is dusted, organized, and polished it will look and feel brand new—perfect for hosting holiday parties or welcoming out-of-town guests. Not to mention, a clean home is always more enjoyable to live in. Don’t be afraid to move some furniture aside to create more space for your guests, and be sure to dust those hard-to-reach places and vacuum under all the furniture!
2. Bring some life into your home with some fresh plants. Whether you choose to buy a pre-made arrangement or design your own, a few strategically placed plants can really brighten up a space. And they smell great, too! Chrysanthemums are one of our favorite fall flowers, and it’s easy to see why. These cheerful blooms come in a wide range of colors, from vivid yellow to deep burgundy. They’re also relatively long-lasting, so you can enjoy their beauty for weeks at a time. Plus, chrysanthemums are inexpensive, so they’re a great way to add a touch of fall color to your home without breaking the bank.
3. Create a cozy ambiance by lighting some candles—citrusy scents are perfect for this time of year. Lavender is also a great choice, as it’s known for its calming properties. Candles not only make a room smell nice, but they also help set the mood. Be sure to blow them out before leaving the house or going to bed, though! If you visit our Brielle, NJ based showroom, you can select your very own Nest New York Candle.
4. Now that your home is sparkling clean and smelling festive, it’s time to start decorating! If you don’t have much time (or energy), consider keeping it simple this year. A few well-placed decorations can go a long way. Garland on the mantelpiece or wreath on the front door are always classic choices this time of year.
5. Last but not least, don’t forget about your holiday entertaining essentials! Make sure you have enough seating for everyone, plenty of glasses and dishes, and enough serving utensils on hand. It’s also helpful to have extra chairs or blankets on hand in case anyone needs them.
The holidays are a time to come together with family and friends, celebrate traditions, and create new memories. By getting your home ready for the festivities, you can focus on what’s really important – spending time with loved ones. These five tips will help make your home festive and welcoming for all who enter. Remember, you can always reach out to our team of Interior Designers here at Lawrence-Mayer. We look forward to helping you transform your home into the abode you’ve always dreamed of. Have a happy holiday season!